Baking Valentines heart cookies with Emily
Monday is a mummy and Milly day and we like to bake, so today Emily choose to make love heart cookies for Valentines Day. I don’t have long left with her till she starts primary school so these days are so special, I did the same with Lydia before she started school. So we make fun.
We received the most beautiful pastel rose wipe-clean apron from Messy-Me and this was the perfect opportunity to wear it and test it out.
- 250g butter softened
- 320g sieved plain flour
- 125g sieved icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 170 C / Gas mark 3.
- Mix butter until light, add remaining ingredients.
- Knead until velvety. Roll one-half of the dough at a time to about 6mm thickness using the smallest amount of flour possible.
- Cut out and bake on a lightly greased baking tray for 10 minutes. Cookies will be almost white when cooked.
We split the dough and added some Red food colouring and mixed it in until it was an even colour so we could have half and half.
We had Alexa on playing music, we had a dance, we made a mess and it was so much fun.
Here is our finished product, we haven’t decorated them because Milly wanted to wait for her sister to come home to do it with her, How booming cute!
These cookies are very easy to make, Prep time: 25 minutes Cook time: 10 minutes Ready in 35 minutes. We made around 17 delicious heart cookies.