For years I have been using this recipe to make cookies, my kids tell me that they are the best cookies they have ever tasted and always request that I bake more.
Like a lot of people, I have been getting my bake on during this lock down and this recipe has been quite a popular with people asking for it over on Facebook and Instagram so here it is.
- 225g Self raising flour
- 125g Caster sugar
- 125g soft butter
- 100g Light brown soft sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp of salt
If you want use smarties then you will need to wait for the cookies to come out of the oven and add them whilst they are still soft so that they sink in nicely on top.
- Preheat your oven to 180c, gas mark 4
- Cream together the butter and sugars and then combine the egg and the vanilla extract.
- Sift in the flour and the salt
- I then made small balls and place them on to a grease lined baking tray. ( Sometimes I put the other half of the dough into a freezer bag and freeze it for quick baking on another day.
- I bake these for 7 minutes and keep a close eye on them as you will need to take them out as soon as you see light browning round the edges. They wont look done but they are.
- As soon as you take them out, keep them on the tray and add your smarties to them.
- Transfer them onto a cooling after 5-10 minutes (depending on the size) If you do it too soon the cookie will sink into the cooling tray rack.