Overspending on your weekly shop? I have 5 ways on how you can save money on your weekly shop and they really work.
I Love Aldi myself, however whatever is your preference if you stick to these 5 things I promise you will save on your next shop.
I also like to keep my receipts and compare weekly and try to save just that little bit more.
Don’t go shopping when your hungry, I used to be so guilty of this. I would be walking past the cake aisle and end up with half of it in my trolley just because I was hungry, So now I make sure I eat something before I go shopping.
- Meal Planning- Yes, yes, yes! Always meal plan, It will help you stick to your list and not overspend. It is such a boring task to do every time but it will save you from overspending. Stick to your shopping list.
- Don’t fall victim to offers- For example I’m shopping with my brother today in B&M and he needed washing up liquid, he picked one up that was on offer for £1.49 for 450ml. I pointed out to him the same brand, same price, not on offer but you get 650ml. Why get less for the same amount of money? Always check and compare.
- Check your cupboards before you go- Check what you already have in, for example a bag of pasta. you know you don’t have to add pasta on your shopping list. We love home pride creamy tuna pasta bake in our house so I would just add the Tuna ( if not already in my cupboard) and the jar to my shopping list.
- Frozen Vegetables- If your a busy mum like me you wont have time to prepare fresh veg and to be honest its cheaper buying it frozen. 1. you get a lot more for your money and 2. cooks quicker.
- Go on your own if you can–My kids want everything if I take them shopping with me and because I hate doing the food shop and cant be bothered with arguing I fall victim to magazines going in at 3.99 a pop and a extra punnet of grapes I didn’t need to buy at £1.50 which doesn’t sound a lot but when you add it on to your shopping list that’s £5.49 extra that you could of saved.
You can do this, don’t get tempted to put anything else in your trolley except what is on your list.
If its not on your list its not going in