Free cookie making session at Beckets Tea Room I had…View Post
We were so excited when we booked Jason Fenn, I had asked for recommendations of children’s entertainers on a local mums page and the majority recommended Jason, so I looked for his page and sent him a message and booked him in. He was very patient with me because at the time I didn’t know how many kids were going to come, where I was going to hold the party or even a solid date, as it was quite a few months away.
I finalised the details and then excitedly awaited the day.
Jason only needed 15minutes setting up time before the show. He arrived and introduced himself with the biggest smile; asked about the party girl and advised me what he was going to do first, like round up the kids for a group photograph at the beginning.
Our little guests’ ages ranged between 2- 11 years old.
As the little party animals arrived he had music playing with disco lights and he was going around with a bubble gun, which all the children loved – who doesn’t love music and bubbles – and gave out stickers.
Once all our guests had arrived he started the show and from start to finish, he had 27 children entertained; even the shy ones sitting with their mums at the side weren’t left out. It was lovely to see every single child fully engaged in his show. He was really funny from start to finish and had my 11-year-old son and 9-year-old niece on the floor in stitches.
As I looked around the room, every single adult and child was enthralled by him. His magic tricks are amazing and leave you completely mesmerised; especially his last trick which I won’t go into detail about as you need to see it for yourself, made my jaw drop.
Jason offers 3 packages. Bronze, silver and Gold. We opted for the Gold package in the end, as it provided us with two hours of stress-free party entertainment. From start to end, Jason had the children occupied and entertained, which with a room full of around 20 odd children was exactly what was needed – hassle free fun.
Here is a basic rundown of what you get from each package:
The Bronze Package
35-minute magic and fun show. This includes lots of laughs, wonderful magic and audience participation. The birthday child is also gently offered the opportunity to take part in the ‘birthday child magic trick. They also take away a magic coin/ring, a magic wand kit and certificate to remember their special day.
The Silver Package
This package consists of the 30-minute magic show and a 30-minute games session (lots of different games including dancing and sitting down games) with a prize being provided by Jason for the winner (Jason’s professionally produced magic DVD). Following this entertainment, Jason will then hand out the magic wand activity sheets for all of the children (either with the children lined up after the show or whilst they are having food).
The Gold Package
This package is perfect for a 2-hour ‘stress-free, village hall’ type birthday party. You bring the food, he brings the fun.
This package includes everything from the silver package but covers a 2-hour party slot. This includes time for food and the cake ceremony. This is a perfect package if you are looking for a complete games, magic and disco party.
The gold package also includes disco lights, backdrop and bubbles. This adds a disco feel to the party experience.
In a nutshell, the gold package is perfect for those who want a complete party package for a 2-hour party, allowing for a 20 minute food time slot (which is why we chose this option!)
He also has downloadable party invitations, which we edited and printed off. It saved us so much time writing each invitation and they looked really good.
Jason Fenn is definitely worth every penny! I give him a 10 out of 10 for all-round children’s entertainment and I will be highly recommending him on to other mums and dads (we are already planning our youngest daughter’s birthday!)
Thank you for an amazing party, Jason Fenn.
Book early to avoid disappointment.
Disclaimer: My package was upgraded from silver to gold in exchange for a fair and honest review.
It still feels so raw for me being burgled nearly 12 years on.
My son was 11 months old back In November 2006 and I had an evening cleaning job which only took a few hours to do.
As I opened the front door with a key when I returned home from work, I felt a cold breeze blow past me and I felt SICK and scared to walk in any further. My partner at the time walked through the hall, it was cold and messy, we walked into the dining room and our French doors had been smashed in.
I instantly thought FUCK someone has been in or is still in our house and we called the Police straight away and didn’t touch anything they took a while to get to us.
We went upstairs to have a look and all our drawers had been raided, I had a huge collection of perfume which was also stolen. Our Tv was taken, Laptop, all my gold and Leo’s dad’s gold was stolen and then I turned to a wardrobe, a wardrobe where all of Leo’s 1st Christmas presents and 1st birthday presents had been wrapped and stored, they were all stolen and I was devastated.
It had been Leo’s dads birthday a few days before and I had brought him a new console at the time with some games and other gifts and they were all stolen too.
My friend was round and has left her handbag at mine whilst we went to my cleaning job (she kept me company in the car) her bag was stolen with her phone, keys and purse. A huge money box was taken amongst other possessions.
The one thing that upset me the most apart from the scumbag/s who broke into our home was that they took all of Leo’s presents, it really gutted me and then I got angry. Fortunately for us, we had contents insurance and we called them the next day and they advised us to make a list of everything that was stolen so we did just that.
A week later someone from the insurance company came around to go through our list and asked me to provide receipts or photographic evidence of everything that was stolen. We tried our best to go through photos of us wearing jewellery, or the tv /laptop in the background of a photograph.
Leo’s presents were recent and luckily I had all the receipts for them. If we didn’t have photo’s or receipts and if they were a gift like many of my perfume’s were then we had to have a signed letter from who bought it and how much and where from which was a pain in the arse.
A few weeks later we did receive an insurance payout which covered jewellery, perfume, console games, Leo’s presents etc and they replaced our tv and laptop with a newer upgraded version and covered the new windows for the French doors.
I have never felt so violated as I did that evening it was horrible and it has stayed with me as raw as the night it happened 12 years on, I couldn’t sleep at night for months because I was scared they would come back. I don’t go out at night in the winter as its dark and I’m scared of walking in to smashed windows again, if I do pluck the courage to go out I never open the door first, David has too.
Now I will make any excuse not to leave the house when it gets dark.
I check my windows, and doors obsessively before I go out, I then drive back to check them again. and 12 years on I am still traumatised and sick to my stomach every time I come into my own house.
If we didn’t have the contents insurance this horrible experience would have been even worse. So for god sake please check your doors and windows a million times if you have to.
Don’t post about your stuff on social media or broadcast a holiday. A number of times I have seen people do this is unreal.
Nowadays when we get the chance to go away I will get a housesitter or I would not go anywhere.
Contents insurance isn’t expensive please don’t risk it.
My guide of top tips for
- When you pack, consider all weather conditions. It was beautiful the week we went but the week after my friend arrived. They had a few sunny days and then it hammered it down.
- Comfy shoes as you will be doing a lot of walking and queuing Disney days are long days.
- Take refillable water bottles, drinks are expensive. We took fruit shoot bottles for when we drove to Disney and kept them so we could refill with water. There are water fountains all over the park to fill them up, we took a little squeezey bottle thing that had juice in so just squeezed that into the water after we refilled.
- Take snack bags. We filled a bag each for our children with sweets, crisps, raisins, biscuits, popcorn etc in case they got hungry in between meals and it saved a lot of money.
- Give your self a budget each day. We were stupid, we brought Disney toys at the park which would have been cheaper on the Disney store website and a Moana dress for 60 Euro because it was my daughter birthday. The dress fell apart a couple of days after returning home.
- If your planning on watching illuminations don’t bother trying to get close its a nightmare and you will get gridlocked. Stand near the entrance where it is less busy, you will still be able to see everything and it is definitely worth seeing.
- If you are staying in a Disney hotel you will be able to go to the park early for extra magic hours.
- The food plan is a must, make sure you book in advance.
- ADC princess meal is lovely for an intimate meeting with the princess’s, I didn’t find the food great and neither did the kids however it was worth it just for the interaction.
- If you are disabled or have a disabled person in your party, make sure you go straight to city hall to get your green card. This was an absolute godsend.
- Make sure you see the dragon under the castle from Sleeping beauty.
- Have a good look at your map and plan what you want to do and see. Make sure you take time to just take in all the Disney magic. The atmosphere is incredible and the smell of Disney is amazing.
- The princess waltz is a must see. There is also a secret spot where you can stand and see the princess’s and prince’s come out for the waltz. Go through the castle, turn right and go down a slope. At the bottom of the slope, you will see an opening which will be open. They place a rope across about 15 minutes before the waltz starts and they come out 5minutes before the show starts. The show times can be found in a leaflet that you will be given upon check-in at your hotel. You can, however, pick them up around the park.
- Buy an autograph book before you go. They do sell them at the park for around 12euros however on eBay you can get personalised books.
- Photopass is worth buying.
- Take a stroller for toddlers, even if they don’t use one it’s a very long day. You can also hire them from a little shop on your left. Found near the toilets as you enter the park. This costs 20 euros a day.
- Princess for the day experience for your little princess in the Disneyland Hotel. book there as soon as you get to the park. packages start from 55Euros.
- Watch the parade from its a small world, it does get very busy so go early.
- Take a small first aid bag ( paracetamol, ibuprofen, calpol, antihistamine, plasters, baby wipes)
- Download Disney app for queue times, restaurants etc.
- Make sure your phone is set up for France.
- Get a pre-paid currency card
AND MOST IMPORTANT, ENJOY YOURSELF 🙂
When I first heard we was getting a steak house in Peterborough I was so excited to come and try it, me and my partner are huge steak lovers and eat it once a week at home, so I felt quite bad for him when my brother asked me to come review it without him. Of course I said yes. Also steak is free on slimming world and instead of fries you can order a salad.
So me, my brother,my niece and nephew arrived and took a quick snappy snap in front of the restaurant.
I couldn’t wait to get my teeth stuck into some delicious medium rare steak. Look at me all excited ^^
When we arrived we was taken to our table nice and swiftly and seated down. Our waiter Suraj ( I am so sorry if I have misspelt your name) welcomed us in with a big smile and filled our glasses with cold bottled water and gave us a few minutes to have a look at the menu’s.
We was ordering of the fixed menu and can I just add this is only £9.95 for a 3 course meal. I chose Middletons Pate for starter. My god I savoured every bite of this, it was so tasty and presented nicely on the plate too.
I almost forgot to take a photograph of this as it was so delicious, you must try this when you go.
Next up for mains was the minute steak which is served with either fries or salad a mushroom and half a tomato.
I like my steak medium rare as it is so much easier to chew when wearing braces. it was cooked perfectly.
Can we just take a moment to appreciate this picture ^^
Throughout the meal our glass’s were being topped up with fresh cold water.
My absolute favourite pudding ETON MESS I love this desert so much and it definitely didn’t disappoint me and I actually took my time to eat this one as I didn’t want it to end.
I would definitely come back to this restaurant and in fact I did go back yesterday with my partner this time and ordered the exact same menu as it was so good. My partner thoroughly enjoyed his meal.
We was on a time limit yesterday as I was treating him on his lunch break, I was a bit worried that we wouldn’t be finished in time for him to be back to work, so I asked the waitress if she could bring our starter and main out together which she happily did for us. You wasn’t made to feel rushed through your meals but wasn’t waiting long for the next course which was just what you want, there is nothing worse than ordering your food and waiting forever for it to come out. The service was brilliant both times I visited, first time reviewing alongside with my brother and his kids and this time as a regular customer coming in to eat and not to review.